Thursday, May 30, 2013

Up and Coming Quilts

So in between other sewing projects, like the flannel, swaddling blankets, I have several quilt tops that need to be layered, pinned, and quilted so that they can get in the shop.  I am going to share these as tops and then track them through to completion.  So here are the first few that are in the pipeline now.  Sometimes I get the top done and then get stuck picking a backing and a binding which means I can move forward.  Once I get the backing picked, I will proceed because I know will be able to take the quilt to find a binding if it is already quilted where I won't be so excited if it is not layered and quilted.

"Love lives Here" is named after the collection of fabric that makes up these squares.  I am so excited to layer and quilt this particular top because I love the way all the colors came together and I am crazy about the background fabric called "Chocolat".  One of my favorite things that I don't get enough of these days as I am watching my intake of everything.

I will share the backing and binding once it is finished.  This is such a rich collection of colors.  There will be more quilts in the future with this fabric collection.

No comments: