Thursday, July 11, 2013

Love Lives Here.





This warm and wonderful baby quilt came together with another fabulous find at Fabmo.  A beautiful line of decorator fabrics already cut in 2.5 inch strips with a beautiful name.  "Love Lives Here" by Carpin for P. Carter P & B Textiles.  I added the tomato red and turquoise to bring out those colors in the prints.


 The sashing is Chocolat by SPX.  The backing is a wonderful geometric print call Primitiva by Jane Dixon for Andover Fabrics.



The binding seemed to bring all the colors together.  Fusions Ombre Collection by Darcel Phillips for Robert Kaufman.  I decided that the only way to quilt it was with straight lines emphasizing the stripes in a subtle pale green.

I can see more variations of this quilt in my future.  I love the deep rich colors and not all babies love pastels!  This little bundle is in my shop today.

No comments: