Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ravelry Help

I am continually amazed each day that I use Ravelry. It is such a "closely knit" :>) community of people from everywhere that come together because of their joy spelled "obsession" with knitting and crocheting. All the areas continue to grow with the posted wealth of knowledge and sharing. I posted a request for some suggestions for gifts for my 4 girls for their upcoming birthdays and Christmas and within 7 hours I had more than 30 items to pick from. Many were items recommended by girls the same age as mine. What more could you ask for? I now have several more items in my queue and I'm excited about some of the items because they are not only quick but cute. I have started the Cropped Cardigan with leaf ties from Knitty Spring 2007 in a beautiful royal blue mohair that I had left over from another sweater I made several years ago. That is another big plus to most of these projects. They use very little yarn and there are lots of substitution possibilities. I may get through all my gift projects after all.


I have also been reading with great interest the thread about the new Holiday VK issue. Wow. Not much in the way of grey area in that discussion. I can't wait to get to the bookstore to take a look at all the "love it/hate it" items.

I was listening to a older Cast On podcast last night, Woolly Wonders and the monologue by Franklin Habit, so moved me that I wanted to copy it and put it on CD to enclose with the gifts I give the year. It was so touching and such an important message about the ones that came before us.

Ann of Green Gables came to the end yesterday afternoon. I immediately felt like a friend had left so I started Anne of Avonlea. I have to say that the reading by Annie Coleman has spoiled me to anyone else. I guess she is just going to have to read all of them for the KAL-RAL along. Annie, do you hear me?

No comments: