Thursday, October 11, 2007

Varied or Harried???

I have been having quite a varied or is that spelled "harried" week. Trying to catch up on all my blog, book, magazine, Ravelry Forum, etc. reading and posting. It's like you start one place and then there are about 40 different links that you have worked through but you forget where you started or you realize that you were looking for something, and then it starts all over again. What's a girl to do. Now besides my podcasts, I am also listening to Anne of Green Gables with the RAL-KAL. I am listening to the version recorded by Annie Coleman from St. Louis, MO which is posted on Librivox.org. It like being transported back in time. I am so hooked that I want to rent or buy all the movies and TV series and watch them with my girls. I am not sure they would find the same joy as me, but then I could be wrong. We all sat up in the bed on Monday and watched Akeelah and the Bee with equal enthusiasm.
It seems like now that the girls have a longer school day, I still don't have enough time to get to everything. I have been trying to work my way through some of my UFO's as well as get some of my Christmas gifts done or at least started. I have finished a pile of face cloths and bath mitts in different color combos sets to go with some handmade soaps and bath salts. The girls love to make the salts and color and scent them. They look lovely tied up with an organza bow. It is better if I work on the girl's presents when they aren't around because they know me well enough to know if it is something I would wear or not!

I did buy myself something today. I saw a beautiful sock knitting project carrying case on someone's blog I was perusing and I just had to have one. Went to the site on ETSY , JapaneseHandmadeEtc, and wouldn't you know it, she had none in the colorway I wanted. So I shot her off an email and told her to let me know when she would be posting some more in my colorway. She sent me a return note this afternoon and had one done and reserved for me. I am such a "Happy Camper" or should I say a "Happy Traveling Sock Knitter".

Got to get working on the girl's birthday gifts. I have one in the end of November and another the beginning December. Does anyone have any suggestions for items that are big with teens right now? Has to be big and bulky or at least on big needles. I have made a couple of pair of Fetching gloves from Kitty Summer 2006. This pair is in a very pretty deep forest green of unknown origin. Less than a single ball in my remainder bag, but that is what I love about this pattern. It takes so little to make such a nice item. Quick, too.

No comments: